Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) and most private insurance plans cover these comprehensive programs if you’ve had at least one of these conditions:
- A heart attack in the last 12 months
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Current stable angina (chest pain)
- A heart valve repair or replacement
- A coronary angioplasty (a medical procedure used to open a blocked artery) or coronary stent (a procedure used to keep an artery open)
- A heart or heart-lung transplant
- Stable chronic heart failure
Cardiac rehab focuses on building cardiovascular fitness, reducing the risks for future heart problems and improving the overall well-being of the patient. OHSU's three-phase cardiac rehab program is tailored to meet the individual needs of the patient and is a very important part of the treatment plan.
Our team works closely with the referring provider, primary care provider, cardiologist and surgeon to provide your patient high quality, comprehensive care.