Experience the best of biomedical research startups and traditional academia
As a CEDAR postdoc, you are part of a team of scientists at the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute, one of the nation’s best cancer centers. Our doctors and scientists are pioneers in targeted therapy and cancer early detection. We provide complete care on the leading edge of discovery.
Why postdoc at CEDAR?
- Perform cutting edge and high-risk research ranging from understanding basic cancer biology to developing novel technologies to aid detection.
- Determine your own interests, be empowered to direct your own research, and have access to exceptional opportunities for mentorship, leadership, collaboration, and funding.
- Design your own fellowship based on your professional ambitions. CEDAR supports the startup approach of patent development and fail-fast projects alongside the traditional approach of manuscript writing and publishing. You choose your own path by identifying your own collaborators, joining other interesting projects, submitting your own project proposals, and overseeing your own research projects.
- Accelerate your path to independence. To expedite our process of discovery, CEDAR offers generous internal funding mechanisms open to researchers including postdoctoral scholars.
- Access opportunities to interface and collaborate with SMMART (Serial Measurements of Molecular and Architectural Responses to Therapy), the Knight Cancer Institute's unique clinical trials platform, to work on projects relevant to both early cancer detection and precision medicine. Make a new molecule or repurpose an existing one, and see it tested in the clinic by a multidisciplinary team you've helped to assemble. Alongside CEDAR, SMMART is a pillar of the Knight Cancer Institute.
- CEDAR postdocs are matched with a senior scientist or Faculty as a professional GROW advisor to help you navigate CEDAR, develop your research portfolio, consider future career plans, and tailor your professional development.
- Postdocs can take advantage of resources and opportunities (i.e. workshops, seminars, etc.) to boost professional development. CEDAR postdocs receive:
- Up to $800/year in professional development funds to explore new and interesting techniques and expertise, encourage innovation, and advance their professional/career development.
- Up to $2,500/year in travel and conference funding to present research, network, and explore new and interesting techniques and ideas to advance CEDAR’s mission and guiding principles.
- OHSU’s Office of Postdoctoral Affairs strengthens the research training for all postdoctoral scholars, ensures a consistent and superior postdoctoral experience, and prepares postdoctoral scholars for any professional endeavor they wish to pursue.
- OHSU Fellowship for Diversity in Research (OFDIR) is a competitive program whose goal is to increase the diversity of the community of scholars devoted to academic scientific research at OHSU. Successful candidates will receive mentored scholarly and research training as well as grant writing assistance to prepare them for a faculty position in a major university.
- The Training Future Faculty (TFF) Program supports teaching excellence by providing training to postdocs through workshops, peer coaching, and professional development in education. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
First-year postdocs at CEDAR earn a salary that meets or exceeds the minimum set by the National Institutes of Health and all postdocs receive annual increases.
CEDAR draws researchers from across the United States and all over the world. Click the map below to learn more.
|Our commitment to scientific excellence has earned us the National Cancer Institute’s highest designation.||We’re proud of our ranking among the best cancer centers in the United States.||We met 36 rigorous standards to earn accreditation from the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer.|
At CEDAR, Cigdem Ak is integrating novel, scalable, and interpretable machine learning solutions into understanding single cell analysis,
Meet more of our postdocs here.