The Advanced Light Microscopy Core is here to help researchers learn about light microscopy and take great quality images of their samples on our state of the art instrumentation. To that end, we offer the following services.
We offer consultation about imaging goals, instrument selection, and sample preparation. Project planning advice prior to sample preparation is free. Describe your project by email to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. A staff member with the most relevant expertise will reach out to discuss your project with you one-on-one: remotely or in person.
Take advantage of our full service
Fully assisted imaging/instrument use. We perform data acquisition for you, with or without your presence. For occasional users with intermittent needs, we consider this the most cost-effective approach to achieve consistent results. Assisted use is available Mon-Fri between 9am-5pm.
Become a trained user
Imaging modalities offered
Widefield Fluorescence Imaging
- Zeiss Axio Scan for automated slide scanning (KCRB 3161)
- Zeiss Cell Discoverer 7 for automated time lapse imaging (LBRB)
- Zeiss Axio Observer with widefield mode (KCRB 3161)
- Zeiss Apotome (LBRB 478)
- Delta Vision widefield scope (Core DV) (LBRB 474)
- Zeiss Axio Zoom dissecting microscope (LBRB and KCRB)
- Zeiss ApoTome with grid based optical sectioning (LBRB 478)
- Nikon spinning disk confocal Yokogawa CSU-W1 (LBRB 476)
- Zeiss Spinning disk confocal Yokogawa CSU-X1 (KCRB 3161)
- Zeiss LSM 900 with Airyscan 2 (LBRB 476)
- Zeiss LSM 980 with Airyscan 2 (LBRB 478)
- Zeiss LSM 880 with Airyscan (KCRB 3161)
- Zeiss Elyra 7 with lattice SIM (LBRB 451)
- Delta Vision deconvolution microscope (Core DV) (LBRB 474)
Zeiss Lightsheet (KCRB 3161)
- Zeiss LSM 7MP for intravital microscopy (MRB)
- Zeiss LSM 880 with 2 photon excitation (KCRB 3161)
Get help with data analysis
For large data sets and advanced analysis, we offer access to high-end workstations and software packages at both our Marquam Hill and South Waterfront location. View more details about our data analysis services.
Please read the attached document for details about how we are ramping up our services, and for important news about the restart and modified operations going forward.
Thinking about a new project? In between grants?
Contact the core director to learn about the USR Pre-award Program.