2016 OHSU Startup Symposium
Mark your calendar for the Fourth Annual OHSU Startup
Symposium on Thursday, March 31,
2016 in the Collaborative Life
Sciences Building (CLSB) on the South Waterfront in Portland, Oregon. OHSU faculty, staff, students, and post docs are welcome to register and attend.
We will be convening the region's most prominent and relevant life science investors to meet, greet and discuss the most pressing issues of life science investment today. This year's event, focusing on Connecting the Pacific Northwest Life Science Ecosystem, will include early and late stage investors from San Francisco to Vancouver B.C. Furthermore, we are pleased to announce the President and CEO of GE Healthcare, John L. Flannery, to be the keynote speaker.
In addition, this year's event will include a Startup Company Showcase and an OHSU Company Poster Session. These sessions will allow OHSU-affiliated startup companies to make a pitch presentation to a panel of judges and a chance to win a cash prize. Please visit the Agenda page to learn more about these presentations.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Goals Objectives Attendees
- To help OHSU startup companies, faculty, staff and students connect to the PNW business community, resources, and providers and also with OHSU's commercialization efforts.
- To connect early and late stage investors from the I-5 corridor, and relevant capital resources to OHSU companies and inventor teams.
- Attendees will:
- Learn about pressing issues of life science investment today through investor panels/reverse pitches
- Discover more about OHSU novel technologies and inventions through an OHSU company showcase and a poster session
- Learn about topics related to investing, startups and regional resources along the PNW through afternoon workshops
- To provide a networking platform for OHSU startup companies and faculty, community partners, regional investors and industry to learn more about OHSU's spin-outs and novel technologies.
- Learn about local opportunities to fund technologies.
- Network with local and regional venture groups.
- Join the regional conversation on PNW life science investment and resources.
- Better understand available financial resources to starting a company.
- Take advantage of informal one-to-one networking opportunities.
- Learn more about startup basics and collaborating with industry.
- OHSU startups, faculty, staff and students motivated to be the next successful entrepreneur.
- Regional investors interested in life science startups, including but not limited to: software, medical device, vaccines and therapeutics.
- Corporate VCs interested in learning about technologies and companies for their pipeline.
- Industry representatives interested in meeting OHSU faculty, staff and students for opportunity to partner.
- Community partners interested in supporting OHSU entrepreneurs and startups.
- PNW companies and resources interested in networking with life science startups and inventors.