PI: Jeffrey Jensen, MD, MPH
Do you suffer from very heavy menstrual bleeding? Are you considering getting an IUD to help manage your heavy periods? This study is being done to evaluate if the Liletta® hormonal IUD is a safe and effective form of treatment for women with very heavy menstrual bleeding (HMB). The Liletta® IUD is already on the market in the United States and was approved in October 2018 by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for women to use as contraception for up to 5 years but is being testing as a treatment for heavy menstrual bleeding.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are a healthy female between 18-50 years of age
- Have regular menstrual periods
- Experience heavy periods when not using hormonal birth control
- Are willing to have a hormonal IUD inserted
- Are willing to collect your used feminine products
- Do not wish to become pregnant during the next 10 months
Qualified participants receive all study-related medical exams and laboratory services at no charge, and will be compensated $775 for time and travel.
Who do I contact for additional information?
To find out more information and to learn if you are qualified to participate, please call the Women's Health Research Unit confidential recruitment line at 503-494-3666 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.