At the OHSU Center for Women’s Health, we have two wonderful infant feeding experts. Both are nurses. Both are International Board Certified Lactation Consultants. And both strongly believe in supporting you and your goals when it comes to feeding your baby.
“Our focus is on empowering you to follow your own instincts and your baby’s cues,” says Stephanie Brooks, R.N., I.B.C.L.C., B.S.N.
“We focus on long-term goals and making a sustainable plan,” Annette Magner, R.N., I.B.C.L.C., B.S. adds. “We want to create something that is effective, not overwhelming or complicated.”
Virtual or in person
The choice is yours! Many new parents choose to meet in person once, and then switch to virtual appointments, but how you want to have each of your appointments is totally up to you.
If you come in person, you will meet with Stephanie or Annette in their cozy office. It’s warm and inviting, with a comfortable couch and no harsh lighting. If you choose a virtual appointment, you and your baby can stay in the comfort and safety of your own home.
Either way, our consultants will ask you about your goals, answer your questions, demonstrate techniques and offer suggestions.
Stephanie and Annette can help with a variety of infant feeding questions and issues, for all types of families. They can you support you with:
- Planning and preparing for breastfeeding or other feeding before your baby is born
- Infant feeding questions that come up right after you leave the hospital
- Breastfeeding and chestfeeding concerns, problems or questions
- Transitioning from breastfeeding to formula feeding or solid food
- Infant feeding concerns or questions, whether or not your baby is breastfeeding
- Inducing lactation in non-birth parents
If you would like to meet with Stephanie or Annette, call 503-418-4500 today to schedule a virtual or in-person appointment.