ExCEL: Extracurricular Education and Leadership
The ExCEL program provides APOM trainees the opportunity to explore specific area(s) of interest beyond that required by the ACGME and ABA. ExCEL complements the core required curriculum while highlighting the importance of becoming a life-long independent learner. The ExCEL curriculum allows trainees to participate in supplementary learning experiences which will further their development as clinicians, educators, researchers, and leaders in the field of anesthesiology.
The ExCEL pathways
- Offers residents the chance to excel, by focusing in depth on a limited area of study in specialized faculty-facilitated pathways that go well beyond the requirements of the ACGME core curriculum.
- Study in an ExCEL pathway will emphasize the development of each resident's intellectual understanding, and individual skill set in a core concept.
- Open to all OHSU APOM residents in good standing.
- Residents are free to participate in as many or as few of the ExCEL components as they wish. Residents will document the successful completion of each component in their learning portfolio.
- Global Health
- Education & Training
- Career & Financial Planning
- In-Training Exam Review