CARAVAN: The MISSION Act's Impact on Rural Veteran Access to and Experience of Care
- Why: Exploring rural Veteran perspectives on community care and evaluating the impact of the MISSION Act’s expansion on access to care
- Who is eligible: Rural Oregon Veterans enrolled in the VA; rural VA & non-VA primary care clinical staff & administrators who provide care for rural Oregon Veterans
- What: The CARAVAN team will interview up to 25 rural Veterans and up to 25 VA & non-VA primary care clinical staff & administrators to better understand rural Veteran experiences with care within the first year of MISSION Act implementation. Participants will engage in one interview each of length up to one hour and will receive a gift card as a thank you.
- To get involved: Please contact CARAVAN@ohsu.edu or call (503) 551-8122
SMARTER CRC: Screening More Patients for Colorectal Cancer in Rural and Frontier Settings
- Why: SMARTER CRC seeks to support rural clinics to deliver successful cancer screening outreach in rural settings. Compared to adults living in urban centers, adults living in rural and frontier communities have lower colorectal cancer (CRC) screening and follow-up rates. Relying on partnerships with clinics and regional organizations, the SMARTER CRC study is testing the scale-up of targeted mailed fecal tests and patient navigation programs.
- Who is eligible: We are recruiting health care or community organizations (health plans, CCOs, health or clinic systems, or clinical practices) interested in improving rates of CRC screening using an outreach program.
- What: Participating partners will be invited to a series of CRC learning collaborative sessions to learn how to plan for and implement a mailed fecal testing and patient navigation program. Our team will provide technical assistance and help train your organization to develop or extend an outreach program to those due for screening. We are especially interested in organizations with a rural or underserved population.
- To get involved: Please contact SMARTERCRC at email@example.com for more information.