Summit is a resource sharing service that provides access to books and audio-visual media from 39 academic libraries throughout Oregon, Washington and Idaho. This service is available free of charge to any currently enrolled OHSU student, staff, or faculty member. Summit works hand-in-hand with your pre-existing circulation account, so no special registration is required.
What can I request through Summit Borrowing?
All Orbis Cascade Alliance member libraries loan generally circulating books through this service, and some member libraries may loan other types of materials, such as videos, DVD's and music CD’s. Requests for journal articles and items unavailable via Summit Borrowing can usually be obtained through our Get It For Me Service.
How can I request using Summit?
Requesting an item through Summit is as simple as broadening your search of the Library's online catalog to include other academic libraries in the Northwest and then requesting the item you want. Here's how to do it:
Visit the OHSU catalog called Library Search.
- Click the Sign In link in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Sign in using your OHSU Network ID (the first part of your OHSU email address before the @ symbol and the associated password). Once you are signed in, you should be redirected to the catalog.
- Next to the Journals, Books, and More search box, select the dropdown menu (which says "OHSU" by default). Change this selection to OHSU + NW Academic Libraries (Summit).
- Search for the item you would like in the Journals, Books, and More search box.
- Click the Availability & Request Options link located below the item you are interested in. If the item is not currently available at the OHSU library, simply click the blue Request Summit Item (about 5 days) link. You may then choose a location to pick the item up at as well as add any additional comments before selecting the Request button.
- If you don't find the item you are interested in, you may request it through our Get It For Me Service.
Can I renew Summit Borrowing materials?
Summit books check out for six weeks with no renewals. Summit A/V material (DVD's CD's) check out for six days with no renewals.
Where can I pick up or return Summit Borrowing materials?
Materials will be delivered to your selected pickup location and can be returned to any OHSU Library service desk or drop box location.
Are there any late fees for overdue Summit Borrowing materials?
Late fees are .50 cents per day. The charge for a lost item is $75 plus a $15 processing fee for a total of $90 per item.
What about journal articles and materials I can't find in the Summit catalog?
Requests for journal articles and items unavailable via Summit Borrowing can be obtained through our Get It For Me Service.