Prepare For Your Video Visit Using an iPhone or iPad
Last updated February 14, 2023.
1. Download the apps
You will only need to do this once – the first time you use video visits on this device.
1. Download the Zoom app by going to the App Store and searching for Zoom. You will not need to set up a Zoom account.
2. Download the MyChart app by going to the App Store and searching for MyChart.
2. Set up Zoom
Before your visit, you will need to set up Zoom so it can use your camera and microphone on your iPhone. You will only need to do this the first time you use video visits.
1. In Safari, go to the Zoom test page and click Join Meeting. Select “Open” when asked if you would like to open the page in Zoom.
2. Enter your name and select “Continue”.
3. Tap “OK” to let Zoom access your camera.
4. Tap “OK” to let Zoom access your microphone.
5. Tap “Wifi or Cellular Data".
7. This will end the Zoom test. Select “Done" then "Leave” to exit the meeting.
3. Complete PreCheck-In steps for your visit
1. Open the MyChart app and log in. Click on the Visit icon to find your visit.
2. Tap “PreCheck-In” and follow the prompts to complete the check-in process. This includes answering questions about your medical history, medications and more.
3. After you complete PreCheck-In, you can close the MyChart app until your video visit.
4. Join your visit (up to 15 minutes before your appointment)
1. Open the MyChart app and log in. Click on the Visits icon.
2. The "Join Video Visit” button will turn green 15 minutes before the scheduled visit time. When you are ready to talk to your healthcare provider, click the button. If the button does not turn green within 5 minutes of your visit time, leave this page and come back.
3. Select “Join.”
4. Once you are connected and waiting for your provider, you will see this screen. Your provider is the host and will start the meeting.
5. When your provider joins, tap “Wifi or Cellular Data" to hear audio.
6. If you requested an interpreter, your provider will invite them to join during your meeting. If you’d like to make sure your interpreter’s video is always enlarged, no matter who is speaking, you’ll need to ‘pin’ their video. To do this, switch to Gallery view by swiping left from the active speaker view. Then, double-tap the video of the participant you want to ‘pin.'
7. You can add a family member or caregiver to your virtual visit once your visit has started by sending an invitation through email, text message, or by sending them an invite link. Make sure they are expecting an invite around the time of your visit. Once your visit has started, tap on Participants.
8. Tap "Invite."
9. Select the invite method that you would like use to invite your family member or care giver.
10. When your visit is over, your provider will end the meeting.