First time with an OHSU virtual visit?
Sign up for an OHSU MyChart account if you do not already have one, using the activation code emailed to you. For help registering as a patient or signing up for MyChart, call 833-895-3603.
Chromebook devices will not work for OHSU Health Virtual Visits. Please use a different device to connect for your visit.
Check in 15 minutes before your visit
Download the Zoom app
Download the MyChart app
Check in electronically at least 15 minutes before your appointment. Complete the "PreCheck-In" form to answer questions about your medical history, medications and more. (Like being early? Check in is available up to 7 days before your visit.)
- Go to Visits.
- Tap your appointment.
- Tap “PreCheck-In”
Join your visit
- 15 minutes prior to your appointment, tap the “Join video visit” icon (if you haven't already downloaded Zoom, you will be prompted to do so now).
- You will enter a virtual waiting room. Your provider will join you there.
Check in electronically at least 15 minutes before your appointment. Complete the “PreCheck-in” form to answer questions about your medical history, medications and more. (Like being early? Check in is available up to 7 days before your visit.)
- Go to Visits.
- Select your appointment’s “Details” button.
- Click the “PreCheck-In” button.
Join your visit
- 15 minutes before your appointment starts, the “UPDATE INFORMATION” button will change to “Join video visit.”
- At your appointment time, click “Join video visit.” If you don't already have Zoom installed on your computer, it will automatically start downloading. Once the installation completes, you will enter a virtual waiting room. Your provider will join you there.
- If you try to connect but aren’t able to do so, try refreshing your browser 5 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Go to zoom.us/test to try out your camera and audio.
- To adjust volume, increase or decrease settings on your device
- Use headphones with a microphone to provide the best audio quality.
- Test your lighting to make sure your provider see you well enough to examine you.
- Try to find a quiet, private space.
How to turn off pop-up blockers
Chrome for Mac and PC
- If a pop-up is blocked, you will see a “Pop-up blocked” icon to the right of your address bar (it will have a red “x”) in your browser window.
- Click the icon.
- Select “Always allow pop-ups from this site”
Chrome for Android
- Tap on the three dots on the top far right of your screen.
- Tap on “Settings” then “Site settings”
- Tap on “Pop-ups and redirects” then tap the toggle so that it is blue instead of grey.
- Click the three dots on the top far right of your screen.
- Select “Settings”.
- Select “Cookies and site permissions”.
- Click “Pop-ups and redirects”.
- To the right of “Block (recommended),” slide the setting to Off.
Safari for Mac
- In the top left of your screen, click “Safari”.
- Select “Preferences” then click “Websites”
- Click “Pop-up Windows”
- Where it says "When visiting other websites:," there will be a dropdown menu with two blue arrows. Click on it.
- Here you can select "Allow" and it will automatically save this setting.
Safari for iOS
- Launch Settings.
- Tap Safari.
- Under the General section, click the toggle next to Block Pop-ups to disable the pop-up blocker. A green toggle indicates an enabled pop-up blocker.
- If a pop-up is blocked, you will see an information bar at the top of your browser window.
- For PC: Click the “Options” button and select “Allow pop-ups from this site”.
- For Mac: Click the “Preferences” button and select “Allow pop-ups from this site”.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, try to have it propped up so you don't have to hold it.
- If you have asked for another person to join the call (e.g., an interpreter, another provider, or family member):
- For family members, you'll be able to do so once you and your provider are in the call together.
- To see different views of participants, on the computer, click the icon in the top right. On the smartphone or tablet, swipe right or left:
- Speaker view: See the active speaker
- Gallery view: If you have asked for another person to join the call, this view shows everyone's video, no matter who is speaking.
- If you have requested an interpreter, it can help to "pin" the interpreter's video so that you always see their video, no matter who is actively speaking.
- For smartphones and tablets: Switch to Gallery View, and double-tap the video of the participant you want to "pin"
- For computers: At the top of your screen, hover over the video of the participant you want to pin and click, then choose Pin Video.
- Use your preferred name:
- Laptop/computer: During your appointment, click on the “Participants” button at the bottom of the Zoom window. You will see a "Participants" list. Click the name you want to change, then click "More" and “Rename”. Enter your name the way you want it on screen, then click “OK". Please note that the “Remember my name for future meetings” checkbox will not save the name for future visits.
- Zoom app on a mobile device: During your appointment, tap on the “Participants” button at the bottom of the Zoom app. You will see a "Participants" list. Tap the name you want to change, then tap “Rename”. Enter your name the way you want it shown and tap “Done".
- Plug in the device you are using during your visit to save your battery.
- Restart your device before your Video Visit.
- Turn off your screensaver. If the device goes to sleep, it can disrupt the video visit.
- Close any other programs or applications running on the device.
- Before your visit, we will ask you to review a few forms (you’ll see them again during the pre-visit process):
Call 833-895-3603 to:
- Request technical support, Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Seek help registering as a patient or signing up for MyChart:
- Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Sunday, 9:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- Give feedback
- Ask other questions