- Adolescent & Young Adult Oncology
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Cardiology Fellowship
- Center for Diversity & Inclusion
- Center for Health Systems Effectiveness
- Center for Policy & Research in Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Farmers Market
- Historical Collections
- IM Residency
- Infectious Diseases Division
- Neonatal Research
- OCC Health Sciences
- Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
- Palliative Care
- Pharmacy Residencies
- Pulmonary and Critical Care
- Radiation Medicine
- Tech Transfer
- University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities
- Urology Residents
- Vollum Neuroscience Graduate Program
- Women's Health
Blog and social media disclaimer
By using any OHSU Blog or social media channel, you signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions of use, do not use OHSU Blogs or OHSU social media.
Oregon Health & Science University (“OHSU”) may revise and update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Your continued usage of OHSU Blogs ("OHSU Blogs," or the "Blogs,") will mean you accept those changes. “OHSU” shall include officers, directors, employees, contractors, and agents.
A. How to Contact OHSU
OHSU’s postal address is:
Mail Code: L217
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road
Portland, OR 97239-3098 OHSU can also be reached via e-mail: email@example.com
or telephone: 503 494-8311
B. The Blogs and Social Media Do Not Provide Medical Advice
The contents of OHSU Blogs and social media channels, such as text, graphics, images, posts, comments and other material contained on the OHSU Blogs and social media channels ("Content") are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the OHSU Blogs or social media!
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. OHSU does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Blogs. Reliance on any information provided by OHSU, OHSU employees, others appearing on the Blogs at the invitation of OHSU, or other visitors to the Blogs is solely at your own risk.
Use of OHSU Blogs and social media is intended for individuals 18 years or age or older.
D. Use of Content
The information provided in these Blogs and on OHSU social media channels is intended to educate, entertain or stimulate conversation about certain issues related to health care. It is not a substitute for examination, diagnosis, and medical care provided by a licensed and qualified health professional. You may download, use, and copy the materials found on any OHSU site for your personal, noncommercial use only. Feel free to share what you find here. Except as authorized in this paragraph, you are not being granted a license under any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right in the material or the products, services, processes or technology described therein.
E. Posting on Blogs and Social Media
Do not send OHSU any confidential or proprietary information. Any feedback, data, answers, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or the like which you send to OHSU will be treated as being non-confidential and nonproprietary, and you agree that any such information you choose to provide may be reproduced, used, and distributed by OHSU for any purpose without restriction.
You are solely responsible for your own communications, the consequences of posting those communications, and your reliance on any communications found in the Blogs or OHSU social media. You agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type to the Blogs or OHSU social media that infringe or violate any rights of any party.
F. Link Disclaimer
OHSU may provide links to web sites operated by other parties. The links are provided for your convenience only. The presence of a link does not imply any endorsement of the material on the web sites or any association with the web site’s operators. OHSU does not operate, control or endorse any information, products or services provided by third parties through the Internet. OHSU is not responsible for the content and performance of these sites. Use of linked sites is strictly at your own risk including any risks associated with destructive viruses.
G. Liability of OHSU and Its Licensors
The use of the OHSU Blogs and social media and their Content is at your own risk.
When using the OHSU Blogs and social media, information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond the control and jurisdiction of OHSU and its suppliers. Accordingly, OHSU assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the OHSU Blogs.
The OHSU Blogs and social media and their Content are provided on an "as-is, as-available" basis and OHSU does not guarantee access to the Blogs at any particular time. ALL INFORMATION THE BLOGS IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. OHSU SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, ACCURACY, NON-INFRINDGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTY AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR OPERATION OR ENJOYMENT OF THE BLOGS. OHSU DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING THE SECURITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE BLOGS OR SOCIAL MEDIA OR TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THE BLOGS OR TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THESE CHANNELS.
In no event shall OHSU or any third parties mentioned on the OHSU Blogs and social media channels be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use of or inability to use the OHSU Blogs or social media channels and the Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not OHSU or any third parties mentioned on the OHSU Blogs and social media channels are advised of the possibility of such damages. OHSU or any third parties mentioned on the OHSU Blogs or social media are not liable for any personal injury, including death, caused by your use or misuse of the Blogs, social media OR Content. Any claims arising in connection with your use of the Blogs, social media or any Content must be brought within one (1) year of the date of the event giving rise to such action occurred. Remedies under these Terms and Conditions are exclusive and are limited to those expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions.
Access for posting primary Content on the Blogs requires an OHSU network ID, available through OHSU Computer Access.
Individuals with an OHSU network ID are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your OHSU passwords or accounts. It is your sole responsibility to (1) control the dissemination and use of activation codes and passwords; (2) authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of your OHSU account and password; (3) promptly inform OHSU of any need to deactivate a password. You grant OHSU and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of the Blogs the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use your information in connection with the operation of the Blogs. OHSU cannot and does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit, or your or third parties' use or misuse of information transmitted or received using OHSU tools and services.
I. Prohibited Actions
In consideration of being allowed to use the Blogs and social media channels, you agree that the following actions shall constitute a material breach of these Terms and Conditions and that you may lose your password and ability to comment if you do any of the following:
- Using a Blog or social media channel for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
- Posting material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by OHSU in its sole discretion;
- Posting advertisements or solicitations of business;
- After receiving a warning, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free-form);
- Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Impersonating another person;
- Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code;
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their identification for posting or viewing comments;
- Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments
- Posting the same note more than once or "spamming"; or
- Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Blog or the Blogs, or which, in the judgment of OHSU, exposes OHSU or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
OHSU Reserves the Right (but is Not Obligated) to Do Any or All of the Following:
- Record the dialogue in Blogs and social media channels.
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user's access to any or all Blogs or social media channels upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication in the Blogs and social media.
- Edit or delete any communication(s) posted on the OHSU Blogs and social media channels, regardless of whether such communication(s) violate these standards.
OHSU have no liability or responsibility to users of the OHSU Blogs or OHSU social media channels or any other person or entity for performance or nonperformance of the aforementioned activities.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold OHSU, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and contractors, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these Terms and Conditions.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL BE GOVERNED AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF OREGON WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS RULES OF CONFLICT OF LAWS. ANY CLAIM, ACTION, OR SUIT THAT ARISES OUT OF OR RELATES TO THESE TERMS SHALL BE BROUGHT AND CONDUCTED SOLELY AND EXCLUSIVELY WITHIN THE CIRCUIT COURT FOR MULTNOMAH COUNTY, OREGON. PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT IF ANY SUCH CLAIM, ACTION OR SUIT MAY BE BROUGHT ONLY IN A FEDERAL FORUM, IT SHALL BE BROUGHT AND CONDUCTED SOLELY AND EXCLUSIVELY WITHIN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT OF OREGON. YOU, BY USE OF THE BLOGS, HEREBY CONSENT TO THE IN PERSONAM JURISDICTION OF SAID COURTS.
In the event that any provision of these Terms and Conditions is rendered invalid or unenforceable by any law or regulation, or declared null and void by any court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be reformed, if possible, to conform to law and if reformation is not possible, that part shall be deleted, the remainder of the provisions of these Term and Conditions shall, subject to this paragraph, remain in full force and effect. The failure of OHSU to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver by OHSU of that or any other provision.
L. Notice and Takedown Procedures; and Copyright Agent
If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Blogs or social media channels infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from OHSU web Blogs by contacting OHSU. When contacting OHSU, please provide the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that "under penalty of perjury," you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
M. Complete Agreement
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and OHSU with respect to the use of the OHSU Blogs, social media channels and Content.