John Holland, MD
Cancer and Blood Disorders
M.D., University of Washington in St. Louis, Missouri
Radiation Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, CA
American Board of Radiology/Radiation Oncology
My research interests and clinical activity center on head and neck and thoracic malignancies. My areas of interest within these sites tend to focus on the morbidities of radiation therapy (+/- chemotherapy) with hopes of reducing future side effects. I enjoy working on these research projects with Radiation Oncology residents and students aiming to combine research endeavors with education. I continue to serve as principal investigator at OHSU for Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) and NRG studies.
Interest and Accomplishments:
Dr. Holland specializes in treating Thoracic and Head and Neck malignancies. He did his residency at the University of California, San Francisco. He joined the medical staff at OHSU in 1994. He chairs the weekly Lung Cancer Conference. He is the program director for the radiation oncology residency program.
Dr. Holland was selected as the 'Outstanding Faculty Teacher Award' recipient for the 2nd consecutive year. The house staff has selected Dr. Holland for 2006 and 2007, as the recipient of this honor.
Knight Cancer Institute
- Prophylactic Cranial Irradiation for Limited-Stage Small-Cell Lung Cancer: Survey of US Radiation Oncologists on Current Practice Patterns[NCBI]
- Massive hemorrhage following definitive esophageal chemoradiation: teaching case of a fatal aortoesophageal fistula and lessons learned
- Jehan Yahya will be presenting 2 papers at the 2018 Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium
- Improving outcomes in veterans with oropharyngeal
squamous cell carcinoma through implementation of a multidisciplinary clinic [NCBI] [Head and Neck
- Association of Intervals Between Neoadjuvant Chemoradiation and Surgical Resection With Pathologic Complete Response and Survival in Patients With Esophageal Cancer
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) Practice Patterns and IGRT's Impact on Workflow and Treatment Planning: Results From a National Survey of American Society for Radiation Oncology Members (PDF)
- Three-Dimensionally Printed Bolus in Head and Neck Electron Radiotherapy
- Impact of Weight Loss on Grip Strength in Head and Neck Cancer Patients Receiving Radiation Therapy
- Dr. Nabavizadeh is lead author on a featured ASTRO membership survey
- Preoperative carboplatin and paclitaxel-based chemoradiotherapy for esophageal carcinoma
- Bay Area Hospital Annual Head Neck Screening
- Dr. John Holland Recognized with 2014 Educator of the Year Award
- Dr. John Holland & Dr. Arthur Hung appointed to the Education Committee of the ACR
- Volumetric-modulated arc radiotherapy for pancreatic malignancies: Dosimetric comparison with sliding-window intensity-modulated radiotherapy and 3-dimensional conformal radiotherapy
- Heavy PETting Reducing Radiation Exposure From Intradepartment Positron Emission Tomography Scans
- Multiple original research papers selected for presentation at the 2014 Multidisciplinary Head & Neck Cancer Symposium, held Feb 20-22 at the JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort & Spa, Scottsdale, AZ.
- OHSU Faculty and House Staff jointly edit and co-author one of the first comprehensive board review book