The Vollum DNA Sequencing Core provides Sanger method sequencing services to the scientists at the Vollum Institute and to other research units and departments at OHSU on a fee-for-service basis. Prices vary depending on overall use of the core. For more details, please contact the sequencing core .
The Vollum Sequencing Core is currently using an ABI (Applied Biosystems) 3730xl 96-capillary DNA Analyzer.
The Vollum Sequencing Core's Service Request Form (PDF) was updated July 9, 2019 to improve efficiency. We added a field to identify how your samples will be delivered to the core. Thanks for downloading and using the new form!
Using the Sequencing Core
There is no sign up sheet. Here's how it works:
- Fill out a Vollum Sequencing Core service request — either online or using the downloaded PDF (1 MB). If you are using the PDF form, please print a copy and include it with your samples.
- Drop off samples any time. There are three sample delivery options:
- Small refrigerator by room 4404, 4th floor of the Vollum Institute
- Small refrigerator in the loading dock of OHSU's Robertson Life Sciences Building
- Send via campus mail to Vollum DNA, Mail code L474
- Samples are picked up promptly at 11:00 AM every day.
- Standard turn around time is 1–2 days, but results are usually emailed the morning following submission.
- If there is a problem with your run, you will be contacted via email and will not be charged.
Two options for submitting a service request
Contact the Vollum Sequencing Core
Core Director: Travis Rogers
Interoffice mail code: L474