The Vollum DNA Sequencing Core provides Sanger method sequencing services to the scientists at the Vollum Institute and to other research units and departments at OHSU on a fee-for-service basis. Prices vary depending on overall use of the core. For more details, please contact the sequencing core .
The Vollum Sequencing Core is currently using an ABI (Applied Biosystems) 3730xl 96-capillary DNA Analyzer.
Using the Sequencing Core
There is no sign up sheet. Here's how it works:
- Fill out a Vollum Sequencing Core service request — either online or using the downloaded PDF (1 MB). If you are using the PDF form, please print a copy and include it with your samples.
- Drop off samples any time. There are three sample delivery options:
- Small refrigerator by room 4404, 4th floor of the Vollum Institute
- Small refrigerator in the loading dock of OHSU's Robertson Life Sciences Building
- Send via campus mail to Vollum DNA, Mail code L474
- Samples are picked up promptly at 11:00 AM every day.
- Standard turn around time is 1–2 days, but results are usually emailed the morning following submission.
- If there is a problem with your run, you will be contacted via email and will not be charged.
Two options for submitting a service request
Contact the Vollum Sequencing Core
Core Director: Travis Rogers
Interoffice mail code: L474