Your patients and their families need access to the best possible care quickly when emergencies arise. Your ICU or emergency room can treat them fast, right in their community. However, you may not have every specialist they need available around the clock.
That’s why our acute care telemedicine network brings OHSU expertise to the bedside. We offer services to support you with:
- Pediatric emergencies
- Monitoring beds in your ICU
- Newborn resuscitations
- Lifesaving stroke treatment
You can expect:
- Phone and two-way video support from an OHSU specialist.
- OHSU adult and pediatric intensivists, neonatologists and stroke neurologists available 24/7.
- Triage advice, to reduce transfers and create care plans faster.
- To keep more of your patients where they feel most comfortable — with you.
- Advanced, easy-to-use technology.
- Video contact with patients and families to ease the transition when a transfer is needed.
- Partnership. Your providers are the primary caregivers and we’re here to help.
Vast experience: We partner with 14 hospitals in Oregon and Southwest Washington, and have done real-time consultations on more than 4,000 patients since 2007.
Advanced training: You will have access to board-certified OHSU specialists in pediatric critical care, neonatology, stroke neurology and more.
Lower transfer rates: Another provider on your team means you can keep more patients in your care. We also help you decide which patients need to transfer and which can stay with you. To date, we have saved $6 million in transportation costs alone.
Regional focus: We partner with hospitals and clinics in Oregon and Southwest Washington because OHSU is right here in the Pacific Northwest. We are committed to caring for the people in our communities.
Virtual ICU (VICU): Critical care specialists can support your ICU team. Our VICU can also monitor beds and round on patients.
TelePICU: Highly trained pediatric intensivists can support your pediatric care team, whether or not you have a pediatric ICU.
TeleNICU: Our neonatology experts support your labor and delivery team with newborn resuscitations and other emergencies.
TeleStroke: Expert stroke neurologists help you provide immediate lifesaving care, before or instead of a transfer.
Hospital at home: OHSU Health doctors, nurses and other professionals treat and monitor recovering patients in their own homes, just like they would in the hospital.
Inpatient telemedicine consults: We now offer nonemergency specialty consults for your hospital patients who need to see a specialist. This service lets patients stay close to home while seeing an OHSU specialist.
These specialties are available:
- Pediatric endocrinology (for children with newly diagnosed diabetes)
- Pediatric neurology
Joining the network
Contact us to ask questions or set up a meeting or demonstration.
If you choose to move forward, we’ll work together with you to put clinical and technical systems in place. The process usually takes several months to:
- Prepare and sign a contract.
- Identify stakeholders and project team members.
- Get OHSU providers needed credentials and privileges at your site.
- Get and set up hardware, software and secure communication channels.
- Discuss clinical workflows and documentation.
- Conduct training and simulations.
- Go live.
Forms for current partners
Looking for Virtual Visits and SmartExams?
For current partners
Find consent, terms and conditions, and other tele-registration forms.