Welcome to the Department of Biomedical Engineering in the School of Medicine at the Oregon Health & Science University. The department's research and teaching are focused on solving unmet clinical needs in the areas of cardiovascular and infectious diseases, rehabilitation medicine, and cancer.
BME consists of 35 primary faculty as well as joint and affiliate faculty from the Advanced Research Imaging Center, the OHSU Center for Spatial Systems Biomedicine (OCSSB), Casey Eye Institute, the Oregon Hearing Institute, and the Knight Cardiovascular and Cancer Centers. Read full welcome message.
- BME students John Russo and Tia Kohs participate in MIT COVID-19 Challenge team - Go team COVInsight!
- Peter Jacobs project selected for Biomedical Innovation Program Digital Health funding
- The Conversation features Austin Nguyen, Abhinav Nellore, and Reid Thompson on genetic differences and COVID-19
- Jeremy Copperman receives Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation Fellowship
- Aronora, Inc highlighted for 2 milestones in 2019
- Summer Gibbs recognized as one of 2019 OHSU Innovators
- Peter Jacobs recognized as promising new technology developer
- OHSU Innovators Forum - Jan. 13, 2020 from 12:00pm - 1:00pm. Presenters: Summer Gibbs and Connor Barth
- Combine strengths of UO, OSU, OHSU are focus of new partnership
- From Dean Sharon Anderson: Courage and leadership at a momentous time
- Owen McCarty and AHA to Advocate in Nation's Capital | Photo
- Student Novella Bates receives OHSU Research Leadership Scholar Award
- Kimberly Beatty, Ph.D. profiled in Onward magazine
- New Vice Chair of BME – Congratulations, Laura Heiser
- BME grad students Geoff Schau and Erik Burlingame win $2500 Impact award
- BME’s first Clinical Co-mentorship Fellowship award – Congratulations, Omkar Thaware!
The Biomedical Engineering graduate program serves as the center of innovation for the OHSU School of Medicine. Our mission is to train students to become innovators, entrepreneurs, and scientific leaders by graduate training in the development and use of measurement and data science platforms and novel devices to understand the (patho)physiology of human health and disease in order to develop therapeutic approaches and diagnostics to solve unmet clinical needs. Learn more.