Refer a patient
- Fax your referral to 503-346-6854
- For help or to arrange provider-to-provider advice, call 503-494-4567.
Find a patient referral checklist
Enter a diagnosis in our search tool to find a patient referral checklist. Checklists outline everything you need to complete a referral to OHSU or OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, including:
- Test and lab results we need
- Consulting physicians
Enter a diagnosis to find the checklist you need:
Can’t find a match? We’re continuing to add new checklists. For now, please start your referral by faxing the following to 503-346-6854:
- Any records that support your referral diagnosis
- A referral form/notes
Refer a patient
Other services and resources
The Physician Advice and Referral Service can also help you:
- Seek advice from an OHSU provider
- Transfer a patient
- Get information about your patients who have been admitted to OHSU
- Verify your patient’s appointment
- Provide Information about any health care program, clinical trial or educational opportunity
- Answer questions about OHSU Connect, our secure web portal for referring providers. OHSU Connect help desk hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.
- Provide resources such as maps, directories, physician CVs and patient education materials
Call us at 503-494-4567.
Learn more below, and find more information for:
For questions about a referral or to seek advice from an OHSU provider, call: 503-494-4567.
Please note: When providing advice to you, OHSU physicians are not diagnosing a patient's condition, nor are they providing treatment to a patient. Thus, they are not establishing a physician-patient relationship. All treatment and diagnostic decisions remain with you, the treating provider, when an OHSU physician is providing advice to you.
Treating Long COVID-19
See our Clinical Guidelines: Long COVID-19 for information on treating patients with chronic COVID symptoms.
OHSU also offers a multidisciplinary program to treat patients with long COVID-19.
- Call 833-647-8222 with questions.
- Fax a referral to 503-346-6854.
OHSU transfer center
For medical and surgical admissions or transfers, call:
Learn more about patient transfers.
For immediate ground or air transport of a pediatric or neonatal patient, contact the PANDA Team at:
Learn more about PANDA (Pediatric and Neonatal Doernbecher Transport).
OHSU Connect gives you constant, secure access to your patients’ shared medical records. Reach the OHSU Connect help desk 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Learn more.
Do you have questions about an OHSU practitioner’s credentials? We maintain a page with verification tools, including a link to a list of the OHSU staff members who are in good standing.
Acting in the patient's best interest is our top concern.
Billing: Most patients who are referred to OHSU Hospital, OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital and other OHSU services are expected to pay directly or through health insurance. Patients are also responsible for paying professional fees in accordance with arrangements made with their attending physicians. Patients may receive two sets of bills:
- One for hospital/clinic services
- One or more for professional services from physicians, radiologists, anesthesiologists and other providers.
Financial assistance: When they register, patients may request an ability-to-pay assessment and financial screening. Patients with limited financial means who normally do not pay professional fees may be granted allowances. They may also be qualified for financial aid from community agencies or health care projects: