Locations and contactI see patients at
Dr. Sundermeyer is a specialist in hematology and oncology. He developed his interest in cancer due to the rapidly progressing science to help patients with cancer and the long term relationships that can be built with them and their families. Dr. Sundermeyer believes strongly in a personal approach that works for each patient based on all the factors of their cancer, their health and their preferences in care.
Dr. Sundermeyer relocated to the Oregon coast to join CMH-OHSU Knight Cancer Collaborative in Astoria after 15 years of practice in Philadelphia with Jefferson University. He and his family are enjoying all the Oregon outdoors has to offer, hiking, biking and beaches.
Education and training
- B.A., 1989, University of Missouri-Columbia
- M.D., 2000, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Internal Medicine, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, 2003
- Hematology/Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, 2006
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Hematology, 2006, recertified 2016
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Oncology, 2006, recertified 2016
Memberships and associations:
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.