The Fellow will have access to a fully equipped FPRS laboratory with ACUC-approved protocols for animal experimentation. The laboratory will be utilized in FPRS projects, which the Fellow will finish with a minimum of at least one basic science/research project that will be presentable during the fellowship year or in the year immediately following it. Funding for these projects will be through the Department and various other sources.
The Fellow will conduct a joint clinic with the Preceptor to maintain both preoperative and postoperative evaluation of patients. The Fellow will participate in the clinical decision making, as well as have broad latitude as experience is gained in the management of these patients. It is expected that the Fellow will involve themselves in the ongoing clinical research protocols that have been developed. The Fellow would be expected to complete a minimum of two clinical projects on their own and participate in a number more for presentation and publication. In addition, the Fellow will participate in the operating room with the FPRS. The level of participation will depend upon the Fellow's technical expertise.
The Fellow will be involved with the teaching of FPRS topics to the residents of Otolaryngology. This will be in the form of didactic lectures, conducting journal clubs, and to direct supervision of residents in the operating room.
- Christopher Z. Johnson, PharmD, M.D.
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Fellow
- B.S., 2006, University of Georgia
- Pharm.D., 2010, University of Georgia College of Pharmacy
- M.D., 2016, Medical College of Georgia
Areas of interest
- Rhinoplasty, aging face, Mohs reconstruction, facial reanimation
Our fellowship program goes back to 1983, and continues today. Our fellows have taken positions all over the world, including London, Canada, North Carolina, Virginia, and many other locations. If you are interested in learning more about our previous fellows, please click here for a pdf list of our previous fellows.
- Tom D. Wang, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Director of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- M.D., 1981, Northwestern Universtiy Medical School
- Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Head and Neck Cancer