Thyroid and Parathyroid Center
Surgical Director: Maisie Shindo, MD, FACS
Medical Director: Dana Madison, MD, PhD
The OHSU Thyroid and Parathyroid Center is designed to provide comprehensive, coordinated and streamlined care for patients with thyroid and parathyroid diseases. We provide multidisciplinary expertise that is unique in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest. Our surgeons and endocrinologists are highly skilled, internationally recognized, and work very closely together to provide collaborative medical and surgical care.
Conditions We Treat
- Thyroid cancer
- Thyroid nodules
- Hyperthyroidism (Graves' disease, toxic goiter)
- Parathyroid tumors
- Osteoporosis and osteopenia
- Hereditary endocrine diseases (Multiple endocrine neoplasia)
- Genomic testing using molecular markers for personalized medicine
Treatment Options Offered
We are experts in the treatment and diagnosis of thyroid and parathyroid disease. We utilize state of the art technology to offer the best outcomes for our patients.
- Focused parathyroidectomy
- Radiofrequency ablation of thyroid nodules
- Radioactive iodine ablation for benign thyroid and malignant thyroid disease
- Regional surgical referral center for advanced thyroid cancer treatment
- Targeted therapies for thyroid cancer (tyrosine kinase inhibitors and external beam radiation therapy)
Oregon Health & Sciences University:Thyroid and Parathyroid Center
Video: Published on March 30, 2015 - The OHSU Thyroid and Parathyroid Center team of surgical specialists are bringing new ideas and innovations in endocrine surgery to the Pacific Northwest.
Get to Know Our Team
Read more about our surgeons, endocrinologists and care team.
Our Endocrine Surgeon
Natalie Smith, LPN
Cedina Johnson - Clinic Scheduler
Stephanie Bunke - Surgery Scheduler
How to Make an Appointment
Please contact our office regarding scheduling appointments. Prior to scheduling an appointment, our providers often need to review chart notes related to the reason you want to be seen in order to coordinate any additional tests they may need in order to make the most of your visit. The Thyroid & Parathyroid Surgery Center is a referral based clinic and we will require a referral from your primary care physician. We would be happy to discuss this with you to ensure we have all we need to expedite the scheduling process. Please contact us by phone or email to begin the process.
Phone: Thyroid & Parathyroid Surgery Center 503 494-2544
Fax Referrals to 503-346-6826
Attn: Dr. Shindo or Dr. Madison
Oncology Times, October 16, 2014:
For Indeterminate Thyroid Cancer, Molecular Testing Changing Game, but Specific Rules Still Unclear