Welcome to the OCTRI Community Research Hub
The OCTRI Community Research Hub is a centralized office, located in Bend Oregon, through which researchers and community members and organizations can be connected and supported in order to facilitate, grow and strengthen Community Engaged Research.
This team, guided by the principles of community engagement, works together to include a community voice in research and improve the health and wellness of all Oregonians.
- Community members and organizations through the Community Project Assistance Program and support of a regional research coalition steering committee and project.
- Researchers and other academic collaborators by providing connections to a network of strong community partners, expertise and guidance in community engaged research, regional knowledge, and on the ground project facilitation and data collection. Researchers learn more here.
We impact communities across Oregon
There are five regions (Central Oregon, South Coast, North Coast, Southern Oregon, Columbia Gorge) where the Community Research Liaisons have developed targeted strategies that will sustain research activities in those communities. Partnerships in Eastern Oregon are also in development.
Our unifying model
The OCTRI Community Research Hub's unifying model for efforts around Community Engaged Research addresses three key supports;
- Building Capacity – support necessary infrastructure to connect academic researchers and interested communities as well as to foster communities' ability to implement and disseminate research
- Ensuring Relevance – promote development of research questions and approaches that address issues relevant to the community and the region
- Enhancing Receptivity – encourage trust between the community and the academic partner, expand the understanding of research and what it means to participate and collaborate in research activities.
Learn more about how the OCTRI Community Research Hub leverages community engaged research knowledge, resources, training, staff and volunteers with the Knight Cancer Institute and the OHSU/PSU School of Public Health through the Community Outreach, Research and Engagement (CORE) Team
How we work with you
Whether your project is in an early idea stage, you are developing research with community in mind, planning for program evaluation, ready to report results or somewhere in between, OCTRI's Community Research Hub and the Liaison team can help you move your work forward.
Guided by the principles of community engagement, we assist with project facilitation, recruitment, data collection and connecting researchers and community partners with appropriate research and evaluation resources. We have a strong track record of helping put together teams that work well together on mutually beneficial projects.
Many appointments are canceled. See MyChart or call your clinic for information.
Want help with your project?
What's new at the HUB
- Lynda Daniel is the latest member to join the Community Research Team and lives and works in the Southern Oregon region. Learn more about how Lynda works to develop projects and partnerships that build research expertise in Southern Oregon and how she supports her community in using data driven decision-making and program evaluation to improve health.
- Click on our new regional pages to learn more about key initiatives and community projects underway or to connect with the OHSU Community Liaison in a region.