The Master of Science in Healthcare Administration provides healthcare managers with practical knowledge to lead teams, improve processes, and implement strategy within the complex world of healthcare delivery. Designed for busy working professionals, the M.S. in Healthcare Administration is offered part-time to accommodate students balancing jobs, families and other commitments. The program enables students from around the nation to graduate in as little as 21 months.
Hybrid class format
- 80 percent of the program's interaction is completed through online learning.
- 20 percent of the interaction is completed during our in-person Face-to-Face sessions.
Update: The health and safety of our students and faculty is our top priority and based on OHSU, state, federal, and CDC guidelines/recommendations regarding COVID-19, we are currently hosting all Face-to-Face sessions in a virtual classroom environment.
- Students take two courses per term and complete the program in 21 months.
The program consists of 54 credits comprised of the courses listed below.
The following classes are required:
- Healthcare Systems (5 credits)
- Strategic Communications (4 credits)
- Skills for Healthcare Leadership (4 credits)
- Program Management (5 credits)
- Financial Reporting (4 credits)
- Operations & Quality Management (5 credits)
- Financial Management (4 credits)
- Organizational Mindsets for Managers (5 credits)
- Managerial Decision Making (4 credits)
- Strategic Planning in Healthcare (4 credits)
- Elective (5 credits)
- Capstone (5 credits)
The M.S. in Healthcare Administration is a cohort-structured program which admits students for fall term of each academic year. Visit our admissions page to learn more about admissions requirements and steps.
Note: This program is offered on a part-time only basis; therefore, we cannot accept applicants on F-1 or J-1 student visas