About Continuing Professional Development
The division of Continuing Professional Development is the School of Medicine's primary source for the education of physicians throughout the Oregon and Northwest practice community.
Annually the division plans and administers 12-14 courses. Each year, these activities are reviewed and re-framed as needed. The Continuing Professional Development committee and division staff also explore the need for new or different programming.
Additionally, the division provides accreditation to over 200 activities each year to address the educational needs of physicians and other health care practitioners; these consist of live activities, grand rounds, tumor boards, morbidity and mortality conferences, on-line activities and traveling CME programs. The full spectrum of medical disciplines is represented.
The division's overall program is dynamic, but the focus is on curricula designed to help physicians and other health professionals identify and implement practice changes that will improve their care of patients.
The division of Continuing Professional Development is also responsible for ensuring compliance with accreditation requirements and maintaining the educational quality and integrity of the School of Medicine's continuing medical education program
Associate Dean, Continuing Professional Development
Liane Giles LeBlanc
- Registration for CPD administered activities
- CPD conference evaluation and attendance
- CME Tracker profiles and transcripts
- Continuing Professional Development website changes and updates
- School of Medicine website changes and updates
- Reviewing continuing medical education applications
- Ensuring compliance with Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education and American Medical Association rules
Educational Activities Manager
- Planning and managing CPD administered activities
- Coordinating exhibitors at CPD administered activities