OHSU Accommodations

Creating an inclusive culture at OHSU is central to our mission. That means offering reasonable accommodation to help you feel safe, comfortable and respected. 

How to request OHSU accommodations

Explore these resources to find the OHSU accommodations that are right for you. 

Student accommodations*

*Includes prospective students and those in pathway programs. 

Employee accommodations

Resident and fellow accommodations

Contact the Office for Student Access if you’re in one of these programs:

  • School of Medicine Graduate Research 
  • School of Dentistry Endodontics, Orthodontics and Periodontics 
  • School of Dentistry Oral Surgery Residency (first two years) 

Contact the Employee Leaves and Accommodations team if you’re in one of these programs: 

  • School of Medicine Graduate Medical Education 
  • School of Dentistry General Practice Residency and Pediatric Dentistry Residency 
  • School of Dentistry Oral Surgery Residency (last four years) 
  • School of Public Health OHSU Graduate Research* 

*If you’re participating through PSU, contact the School of Public Health Accessibility team

Patient accommodations

  • Contact your clinic or health care team about any accommodation needs. 

Visitor and volunteer accommodations

  • Patient visitors: Work with the patient to contact their clinic or health care team. 
  • Event attendees: Contact the event organizer several days in advance. 
  • Visiting scholars or researchers: Contact the Office of Visitors and Volunteers
  • Job applicant visitors: Contact the hiring coordinator. 
  • Volunteers: Contact the Office of Visitors and Volunteers.

Sharing a grievance

If you have concerns about an accommodations experience, please let OCIC know. Submit a report and learn more about your options. 

Submit a report to OCIC

Employees who need reasonable accommodations for personal safety related to experiencing domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, or harassment should contact the Title IX Coordinator, Angela Fleischer, in the Office of Civil Rights Investigations and Compliance at titleix@ohsu.edu 
or OCIC@ohsu.edu or 503-494-5148

Contact OCIC

We can:

  • Answer your questions
  • Provide forms and resources in other languages or with improved digital access
  • Help you request accommodations
  • Help you report a barrier

    Questions, concerns