International Travel

Preparing to travel outside of the U.S.?

OHSU has established a quick tool to ensure all international travelers (Faculty, Students and Staff) are secure in knowing they have the information needed to be compliance with U.S. Government regulations and do not inadvertently transfer materials and information or visit a country or organization that could require an export license. Complete a Travel Screening Submission.

If you're traveling for OHSU business purposes and are unsure if you are an exporter and how that applies to you, view the Are you an Exporter Information page.

Register your international travel through OHSU's Off-Campus Authorization system: For questions about the system and process, please contact

For more information about OHSU Travel Insurance, please visit


For information about traveling abroad, important things to bring, destination information or dealing with emergencies while abroad, check out the U.S. Department of State's "Before You Go" site.

For information on acquiring a visa for another country, visit Embassy World.

Are you an international preparing to travel outside of the U.S.?

Before you travel, be sure to check your visa information for important documentation requirements.

Select your status for more information

E-3 Professional Workers

F-1 Current Students

H-1B Temporary Workers

J-1 Current Students

J-1 Exchange Visitors