A health care system that people experience as compassionate, comprehensible, just, and empowering.
To transform the healthcare of our communities as leaders in ethics education, professionalism, ethics research, policy, and compassionate communication.
- Moral Courage
- Equality, Respect, and Dignity for all persons
- Strengthening our steadfast commitment to maintaining an independent voice within a health care system where conflicts of interest abound
- Empowerment, equity, and inclusion of all patients and families
- Innovation in ethics education
- Leadership in Compassionate Communication and health care policy
- Transformation of practice and policy through ethics research, scholarship, and collaboration
- Advancement of professionalism in Oregon and beyond
Conflict of interest
The founders established that the Center be unencumbered by funding from the health care industry or other commercial interests. To assure the independent voice and the promise made by the founding faculty, any and all gifts, grants and donations to programs administered or housed in the Center are held to this high standard. The relationships created by gifts and donations from individuals and organizations must avoid any real or perceived conflicts of interest.
The Center for Ethics in Health Care monitors its directions, goals, and resources to plan for the next phase of growth for the Center. In 2016, a careful review of the Center's plan was undertaken by leadership. The revisions made are a map to continue the vision, mission, values, and aspirations of the Center for Ethics in Health Care.