About the Center
Our center is recognized as a national leader in dementia care and research. Learn about our Cores, labs, and events.
Researchers can request to use Layton Center data for further research. Learn how the process works.
The Layton Center offers several pilot grant programs for new or more experienced investigators. Apply for a grant
Our research programs
Research studies at the Layton Center include clinical trials, and studies focused on caregiving, advanced technology, and aging. The Layton Center also offers resources for patients, including:
- An online research registry, ACTNOW
- A print newsletter, Alzheimer's Update
- Support groups and educational events
A close partnership
The Center is works collaboratively with the Oregon Center for Aging and Technology (ORCATECH), which uses technology to assess the health and independence of aging older adults. ORCATECH's initiatives include:
- An innovative technology platform
- Roybal Centers and research studies
- Partnerships with global institutions