Shushan Rana MD
Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, Oregon
PGY2, 2014 - 2015, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
Internal Medicine Preliminary Year (PGY1), Providence Portland Internal Medicine Residency, Providence Portland Medical Center , Portland, OR, 2013-2014
BA, Biology. Austin College, Sherman, TX, 2009
MD, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, 2013
Awards and Honors:
Member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society MSP Designated Fund Scholarship, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 2010-2011
Baking (expertise in cheesecake), Cooking (Italian, French, and Indian cuisine), Being a foodie, Theology, Philosophy, Gastronomy, Linguistics, Nephology (the study of clouds)
Rana S1, Holliday EB, Jagsi R, Wilson LD, Choi M, Thomas CR Jr, Fuller CD. Scholastic activity among radiation oncology residents at US academic institutions: a benchmark analysis. J Cancer Educ. 28(3):541-6. Sept 2013.
Ziu M, Fletcher L, Rana S, Jimenez DF, Digicaylioglu M. Temporal differences in microRNA expression patterns in astrocytes and neurons after ischemic injury. PLoS One. 23;6(2):e14724. Feb 2011.
Rana S, Maples PB, Senzer N, Nemunaitis J. Stathmin 1: a novel therapeutic target for anticancer activity. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 8(9):1461-70. Sep 2008
Rana S, Holliday EB, Fuller CD, Jagsi R, Wilson L, Choi M, Thomas CR. (2012, October). Scholastic Activity among Radiation Oncology Residents at U.S. Academic Institutions: a Benchmark Analysis of H-Index. Poster presented at: American Society for Radiation Oncology 54th Annual Meeting; Boston, MA.
Rana S, Fletcher L, Mateo Z, Jimenez DF, Digicaylioglu M. (2010, October). Differential Regulation of Neuronal Apoptosis by IGF-I and microRNA-29b. Poster presented at: 10th Annual UTHSCSA Medical Student Research Day; San Antonio, TX.
Rana S. (2010, September). Differential Regulation of Neuronal Apoptosis by IGF-1 and miR-29b. Oral Presentation presented at: UT Health Science Center San Antonio Department of Neurosurgery Grand Rounds; San Antonio, TX.
Rana S, Rao S, Kumar P, Maples P, Tong A, Senzer N, Nemunaitis J. (2008, May). Analysis of small interfering RNAs (siRNAs) targeting eEF1Bgamma for future optimization of knockdown. Poster presented at: 11th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Gene Therapy; Boston, MA.
Links of Interest
- Differential regulation of microRNA-15a by radiation affects angiogenesis and tumor growth via modulation of acid sphingomyelinase[BioRxIV]
- Dr. Rana presented a research seminar to the Colorectal Cancer Research Working Group
- A Brief Opinion on Pulling Down Briefs
- OHSU radiation medicine resident funded by ASTRO
- Dr Shushan Rana working on miRNA preclinical research project funded by 2017-18 ASTRO Resident Seed Grant
- Understanding and Resetting Radiation Sensitivity in Rectal
- Co-chief residents receive fundable scores for 2017-18
ASTRO Resident Seed Grant award
- Colorectal Cancer Liver Metastasis: Evolving Paradigms and Future Directions [NCBI]
- MicroRNAs in Cancer: Challenges and Opportunities in
Early Detection, Disease Monitoring, and Therapeutic Agents | Springer
Rana & Thomas review micro RNA lab data from experiments in the Anand Lab
Rana has been awarded a travel grant to attend the Computational Genomics
- Drs. Anand, Rana, and
Tsikitis, have been awarded a Medical Research Foundation grant
- Drs. Rana & Kalpathy-Cramer reviewed collaboration between OHSU & Kalpathy-Cramer @ the MGH Martinos Center
- Dr. Timur Mitin with the assistance of Dr. Shushan Rana, has received a 2016-17 Research Seed Grant
- Dr. Shushan Rana selected to serve on ASTRO
- Dr. Rana showcasing his poster board.
- Dr. Rademacher to Present at RSNA Meeting