Activating a consultation through the OHSU Telemedicine Network is fast and easy. First, ask your hospital radiology department to send any X-Ray, CT or other relevant images to OHSU as soon as possible.
- A transfer center staff member will stay on the line and page the consulting OHSU telemedicine physician.
- While waiting to make the doctor-to-doctor connection, the transfer center will ask for the patient's name, date of birth, gender, key medical complaints and whether the complaint is the result of an accident or trauma.
- Once connected by telephone, the OHSU physician and your physician will decide if a telemedicine session should be initiated.
- Roll the RP-Lite to the patient's bedside. (Please note: There is no need to turn on the RP-Lite. It is always ready.) The OHSU consulting physician will activate the session.
- Ask the patient or a family member to review and sign the OHSU telemedicine consent and OHSU terms and conditions forms.
Please Note: The OHSU Transfer Center can facilitate an inter-hospital transfer or dispatch the PANDA Team at any time during the consult.
Remember: If imaging is required for the consult, please ask your hospital radiology department to send the image to OHSU as soon as possible.