Your experience here is important to us. One way we plan your care and check on your progress is with a patient questionnaire that collects information about your back or neck health. This information is called patient-reported outcomes. As a patient at the OHSU Spine Center, you will complete patient-reported outcome questionnaires several times during the course of your care.
This questionnaire is about your back or neck pain and how it affects your daily life and well-being. When you make an appointment with us, you'll get a message to log into MyChart and complete the questionnaire. It's quick and easy. You'll be able to complete it on any device (smartphone, tablet, computer) with an internet connection. The questionnaire has 30 short questions and will take about 15 minutes to complete.
Patient-reported outcomes are information from patients about their health. The answers you provide create a score. The score helps your provider determine the best treatment options. Over time, the scores help your care team track your progress during and after treatment.
The information is confidential and not shared with anyone except you and your care team. In some cases, we will also share patient-reported outcome scores with insurance companies who require the information to authorize treatment.
If this is your first time at the OHSU Spine Center, you'll need to fill out an initial questionnaire.
You may also need to complete a questionnaire if:
- Your last visit was more than three months ago.
- You have a pre-surgery appointment and your last questionnaire was more than six weeks ago.
- It is three, six, 12 or 24 months after your surgery.
Yes. It is best for you and your care team when you do. When you complete the questionnaire before your visit, it makes your check-in process go more quickly. If you have not completed the questionnaire before your visit, you will need to complete it during check in.
- Learn how to activate your OHSU MyChart account if you don't have one already.
- Log in to your OHSU MyChart account and complete your outcomes questionnaire.
- Instructions to recover your MyChart username or password.
- Instructions to complete patient-reported outcomes questionnaire.