Radiation Medicine's Employee Recognition Award
Honoring those who have shown excellence in patient care. We recognize those who have gone above and beyond their normal duties in providing you with excellence in patient care during your time of treatment.
The Platinum Baton Award is given each year to a department employee, who has shown one or more of the OHSU values listed.
Compassion: Considering the needs of others.
Innovative: Embrace learning, and seek positive changes and creative solutions.
Respectful: Values and encourages honest and diverse points of view.
Collaborative: Works together in teams and shares responsibilities.
Accountable: Builds trust by doing what they say they will do.
Platinum Baton Award winners
2019 - John Holland, M.D.
2018 - Barbara Agrimson, C.M.D., B.S.R.T., R.T.(R)(T)
2017 - Ramon Sison, R.T.(T)
2016 - Steve Rhodes, B.S., R.T.(T), C.M.D.
2015 - Barbara Agrimson, C.M.D., R.T.(R)(T)
2014 - Linea Dymond
2013 - Bridgett Sparkman
2012 - Stephanie Martindale
2011 - Janet Garrett
2010 - Dan Tupper
2009 - James Tanyi
2008 - Jo Price
2007 - Parag Sanghvi
2006 - Dianna Ramirez
The recipients of this award are chosen by the house staff and are presented with an award for their excellence in teaching and dedication to their professions.
2019 - John Holland, M.D.
2015 - Carol Marquez, M.D.
2014 - Charles McCracken, B.S., R.T., (R)(T), C.M.D.
2013 - Carol Marquez, M.D.
2012 - Carol Marquez, M.D.
2011 - Charlotte D. Kubicky, M.D.
2010 - Arthur Hung, M.D.
2009 - Samuel Wang, M.D.
2008 - Carol Marquez, M.D.
2007 - John Holland, M.D.
2006 - John Holland, M.D.
If you would like to recognize a staff member who has shown outstanding services, please ask any staff member for a ROSE AWARD card at your next visit or click the link to the right to fill out the form online. The 'Rose Award' program was created as a means of honoring the many hardworking employees, physicians and volunteers at OHSU.
Every person nominated for a 'Rose Award' receives the original nomination card signed by the employee's supervisor, manager, or director, and a red rose appliqué they can place on their name badge proclaiming she or he has been recognized for outstanding service.
Nominate an employee, student or volunteer for a ROSE Award. Printed nomination forms are also available in reception areas on our campuses.
ARRO Educator of the Year Award
- 2019 - Malcolm Heard, Ph.D.
- 2016 - Arthur Hung, M.D.
Outstanding Research Resident/Fellow Award Recipients
- 2019 - Garth Tormoen, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2018 - Garth Tormoen, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2016 - Josh Walker, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2015 - Nima Nabavizadeh, M.D.
- 2014 - Sophia Bornstein, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2014 - Kristina Young, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2013 - Sophia Bornstein, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2013 - Kristina Young, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2010 - Patrick Gagnon, M.D.
- 2009 - Tasha McDonald, M.D.
- 2008 - Marka Crittenden, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2007 - Tasha McDonald, M.D.
Outstanding Teaching Faculty Award Recipients
- 2016 - Monica Kishore, M.S.
- 2015 - Dr. Carol Marquez
- 2014 - Charles McCracken, B.S.
- 2013 - Dr. Carol Marquez
Outstanding Instructor of Medical Physics Award Recipients
- 2019 - Monica Kishore, M.S. and Malcolm Heard, Ph.D.
- 2015 - James Tanyi, Ph.D.
- 2014 - Susha Pillai, M.Sc, M.S., DABR
- 2013 - Susha Pillai, M.Sc, M.S., DABR
Special Recognition Recipients
Recognizing those who have shown outstanding dedication to their field of interest
- Carol Marquez, M.D.
Dr. Marquez, is recognized by the OHSU Medical Professional Board as one of the outstanding clinicians in providing service excellence
- Sophia Bornstein, Ph.D.
Sophia Bornstein named the 2nd annual Rubinstein Radiation Research Scholar for 2010
- Kristina Hoot, Ph.D.
Named the inaugural Rubinstein Radiation Research Scholar for 2009
Recipient of the 2009 RSNA Research Medical Student Award.
Interdisciplinary Teaching Award Recipients
This award is given to a faculty member whose primary appointment is extramural to the Department of Radiation Medicine, in order to recognize the multidisciplinary care of cancer patients and importance of inter-departmental and collaborative education in the training of radiation oncologists at OHSU.
- 2019 - Mark Deffebach, M.D. (pulmonologist, VAPORHCS) and David Pettersson, M.D. (neuroradiologist,OHSU)
- 2018 -
- 2016 - David Sauer, M.D.
- 2015 - Mark Schray, M.D.
- 2014 - Ron Maggiore, M.D.
- 2013 - Mark Schray, M.D.
- 2009 - Mark Deffebach, M.D.
Other Special Recognition
- OHSU Recipients of RSNA Research Grants
- 5 OHSU Medical Students Designated Rubinstein Radiation Medicine Research Scholars for 2013
Recent Resident Graduates (2016)
- Dr. David Elliott, M.D.
- Dr. Nima Nabavizadeh, M.D.
Outstanding Medical Students
- 2019 - Cheryl Claunch, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2018 - Matthew Farrell, M.D. and Jehan Yahya, M.D.
- 2016 - Robbie Fain
- 2016 - Wendy McGinnis