B.S., English, The Colorado College, 2001
M.B.A., Atkinson Graduate School of Management, Willamette University, 2004
- Fellow, American College of Healthcare Executives, earned 10/2017
- Project Management Professional, earned 2/2009
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist, earned 4/2013
- Certified in Healthcare Human Resources, earned 10/2013
- Senior Professional in Human Resources, earned 6/2006
Denise Hoover is the Chief Surgical Services Officer for Salem Health, a not-for-profit regional health system in the mid-Willamette Valley. Prior to her current role, she served as a manager and director in Human Resources as well as project consultant roles, and served as a service line director for Orthopedics, Neuroscience, and Rehabilitation Service Lines.
Denise's professional interests include application of lean (kaizen) principles as well as motivation and employee engagement, as well as effectively managing projects to advance organizations' strategies.