I see patients at
Address3270 SW Pavilion LoopPortland, Oregon 97239
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Dr. Guise's clinical interests include inpatient obstetrics, improving birth processes and outcomes for women and children, and obstetric quality. She has a wide range of research interests that include interventions to improve outcomes and safety for women and children in childbirth, evidence-based medicine, comparative effectiveness, perinatal epidemiology, and medical ethics (particularly relating to obstetric decision making). She is a leader at OHSU in regard to using simulation to improve team preparedness for medical and obstetrical emergencies and improving teamwork and communication among healthcare personnel. Dr. Guise enjoys contributing to the improvement of the health of individuals and informing policy and research to improve the health of populations.
Dr. Guise grew up in the Seattle area and completed her medical training in Chapel Hill, North Carolina before moving to Portland. In her leisure time, she enjoys spending time with family, skiing, cooking, traveling, laughing and trying (unsuccessfully) to learn other languages.
Pregnanacy and childbith philosophy:
"I believe that childbirth is not only a health event and process, but also a memory. I try to fuse evidence-based medicine with personalized care. My goal is to create a positive memory for the woman and family while applying the best medical evidence to inform medical decision making."
- M.D., 1992, University of Washington
- M.P.H., 1998, University of North Carolina
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- HRSA primary care research fellow, Institute for the Generalist Physician, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- UNC Robert Wood Johnson Core Curriculum
- Berlex Foundation Faculty Development Program
- AAMC Early Career Faculty Professional Development Program
- Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine (ELAM), 2014
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Memberships and associations
- American Medical Association
- International Society for Simulation in Healthcare
- The Cochrane Collaboration
- American Public Health Association
- Society for Medical Decision Making
- Robert A. Ross Obstetrical and Gynecological Society
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)