The Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery Department is excited to offer a funding opportunity for our visiting medical students. As a department we are explicitly committed to:
- Increasing the representation of residents from rural environments, under-represented racial groups, and those who have experienced significant disadvantage or adversity.
- Increasing diversity amongst our faculty ranks.
- Supporting learners, faculty and staff with resources and an inclusive culture.
OHSU’s Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery Department with support from the Otolaryngology Diversity and Anti-racism Committee has designed its Visiting Student Diversity Equity & Inclusion scholarship as a funded program to advance the Department’s goal of striving for universal health equity by becoming a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable department. This program selects one highly qualified student to receive a $2,000 scholarship to help offset costs associated with completing an away rotation in the Department and participate in a 4th year sub-internship at OHSU.
The selected student will have demonstrated academic excellence, as well as participated in activities that reflect their desire to increase diversity in the field of medicine. The student must meet the Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery’s visiting student requirements listed on our program’s VSLO portal.
Interested students will submit the relevant application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review and meet the Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery’s visiting student requirements
- Completed VSLO application
- Current CV
- Responses to the two questions below:
- In 250 words or less, describe how your background knowledge and experiences of diversity, equity, and social justice has influenced your decision to go into medicine.
- In 250 words or less, tell us how do you see yourself making a positive impact towards improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in your future practice.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
The application window for the 2023 Sub-I season is now closed. Thank you!