OHSU will make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees for:
- Known physical or mental disabilities.
- Limitations related to pregnancy, childbirth or a related medical condition such as lactation, unless the accommodation would cause an undue hardship.
Please contact AAEO so that we can support your needs. We want to provide support to ensure equal access to events, classes, and health care at OHSU.
Request an accommodation
- Employees and applicants: Use the Reasonable Accommodations for Applicants and Employees form or contact AAEO at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-494-5148.
- Students: Contact the Office for Student Access at email@example.com or 503-494-0082.
Types of accommodations
OHSU works to ensure equal access and opportunity for all patients, visitors, students, and employees.
AAEO works with other departments across OHSU to oversee compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act and other federal and state laws on accessibility. OHSU is an Equal Opportunity employer. In compliance with Title IX, AAEO oversees equal access for all students without regard to gender.
The ADA defines disability as “a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities.” The ADA applies to “a person who a history or record of such an impairment, or a person who is perceived as having such an impairment.”
Oregon Law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to employees and job applicants who have limitations related to pregnancy unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. The law applies to employers with at least six employees.
- Reasonable Accommodations for Employees with Disabilities flyer
- Accommodation flowchart on the steps toward reasonable accommodation
- Public Event Disability Access Accommodation Request Procedure for OHSU-sponsored events
At OHSU, we must clearly communicate information about reasonable accommodations.
All publications and announcements (posters, flyers, ads, web announcements, registration materials, etc.) for OHSU-sponsored events on or off campus should contain this statement:
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to attend or participate in this event, please contact [name and phone number of department or organization responsible for the event] at least five business days before the event.
All OHSU publications (brochures, flyers, posters, etc.) should contain this statement:
This information is available in alternative formats upon request. Please contact [name and phone number of department or organization responsible for the publication].