In this extraordinary time, we want to share resources to help communities #EmergeStronger and ensure everyone has access to safe, nutritious food in the wake of COVID-19. We will update these resources regularly.
Oregon COVID-19 information
- OHSU: Coronavirus and COVID-19 resources for Oregon. This site has information for patients and the public, including information for what to do if you are sick and advice from OHSU experts.
- OHA: COVID-19 updates. Here you can find updates on the situation in Oregon, information about the Governor’s order and advice from health experts.
- Partners for a Hunger-free Oregon: Where to find school meals in Oregon during COVID-19 closures. This lists school districts that are providing food for children and youth.
- Oregon Food Bank: This food finder site is updated regularly with locations for accessing food in a safe and convenient manner.
- Oregon Food Bank: Donate to support COVID-19 response
- Oregon Farmers Markets Association: Find your local farmers market and information about their procedures during COVID-19.
- Partners for a Hunger-free Oregon: Accessing food during the coronavirus pandemic. This link includes Oregon-specific information for WIC, SNAP, Meals on Wheels and college students.
- Voices for Healthy Kids: Coronavirus resources you can use. This site shares culturally-specific resources to support families, children and the organizations that work with them, as well as funding opportunities and upcoming webinars.
- Food Research and Action Center: Maximizing WIC's role in supporting health, food security and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic: opportunities for action.
About the Moore Institute
The central commitment of the OHSU Bob and Charlee Moore Institute for Nutrition & Wellness is to reduce the prevalence of chronic diseases across the lifespan in current and future generations by promoting healthy, nutrient-rich diets based on whole-foods – before conception, during pregnancy and lactation, and in infancy and early childhood.
The scientific cornerstone of the Moore Institute for Nutrition & Wellness is a discipline in which OHSU is internationally recognized: the Developmental Origins of Health and Disease, or DOHaD, which illuminates the vital relationships between maternal prenatal diet, fetal health and adult onset disease.
Nutrition Oregon Campaign
The Moore Institute is working on a statewide initiative grounded in the science of DOHaD, with the bold vision of using the power of nutrition to end chronic disease in Oregon. Find out more.
The Moore Report newsletter
Our quarterly newsletter shares the work of the institution, the latest research about nutrition and chronic disease, information about upcoming events and ways to get involved.