- All students (Certificate, M.C.R., and Non-degree) are required to pay a University Fee for each term enrolled whether for academic credit or as an auditor (University Fee is $346 in academic year 2021-2022).
- Required HIP core courses and some HIP elective courses are exempt from tuition.
- All other courses are charged tuition of $545 per credit as of academic year 2021-2022 for HIP students in any track whether they are taking the course for academic credit or as an auditor.
- See the Registrar's web site for more details on the current tuition and fees and a refund schedule for academic year 2021-2022. The University Fee cannot be refunded after the last day to withdraw with 100% refund.
- Students graduating from the certificate or M.C.R. programs are responsible for paying a required graduation fee in their final term. In Academic Year 2020-2021, the graduation fee was $60.00.
- Tuition and Fees for academic year 2022-2023 are pending approval for a 2% increase.
HIP 510 Introduction to Clinical Research (1 credit, 1st year core course)
HIP 511 Clinical Research Design I (2 credits, 1st year core course)
HIP 512 Clinical Research Design II (2 credits, 1st year core course)
HIP 513 Clinical Research Design III (2 credits, 1st year core course)
HIP 511A Proposal Development (1 credit, 1st year core course)
HIP 523 Data Science for Clinical & Translational Research (2 credits, 2nd year core course)
HIP 516 Protection of Human Subjects (1 credit, 2nd year core course)
HIP 517 Scientific Writing (1.5 credits, 2nd year core course)
HIP 507A Evidence-based Medicine (2 credits, 2nd year core course)
HIP 522 Fundamentals of RCTs (1.5 credits, elective)
HIP 514 Molecular and Cellular Approaches to Disease (1.5 credits, elective)
HIP 536 Biomarkers of Psychological Stress (2 credits, elective)
HIP 537 Introduction to Implementation Science (1.5 credits, elective)
HIP 526 Capstone (6 credits, distributed dependent on project timeline)HIP 512A Biostatistics lab (1 credit, elective)
HIP 502, 505 or 509 Independent study, Reading and Conference or Practicum (variable credit)
Note: The listing of tuition exempt courses is subject to change without notice.
HIP 520 Medical Informatics (2 credits, elective)
HIP 527 Systematic Reviews (2 credits, elective)
HIP 528 Applied Biostatistics I (3 credits, elective)
HIP 529 Applied Biostatistics II (3 credits, elective)
HIP 530 Leadership Skills for Team Science (2 credits, elective)
HIP 531 Best Practices in Project Management (2 credits, elective)
HIP 532 Understanding and Managing Academic Organizations (2 credits, elective)
HIP 533 Community Based Research (2 credits, elective)
HIP 534 Health Disparities Research (1 credit, elective)
- A total of 24 credits is required for the HIP Certificate. As all core required courses are tuition-free, one can complete the certificate program without paying tuition but candidates may want to budget tuition for an elective if choosing an elective that is not exempt from tuition. Students will be required to pay the University Fee each term enrolled, usually 6-8 terms for the certificate.
- A total of 45 credits is required for the M.C.R. track. Candidates should budget tuition for at least 21 elective credits. Students will be required to pay the University Fee each term enrolled. The number of terms enrolled will depend on the the student's individual course plans.
- Students who plan to take 9 credits or more, should include additional university fees in their budgeting. See the Registrar's web site for more details.
- Courses in the HIP Program that are subject to tuition are eligible for the employee tuition benefit. OHSU employees who meet the eligibility requirements may apply for the tuition benefits. Please note that not all graduate programs participate for this benefit. Details of this program and eligibility can be found on the Ozone site for Education Assistance
An email alert will be sent to your preferred e-mail address. After receipt of that email a current statement can be viewed by logging onto the student online information system (SIS). Full payment for tuition and fees must be made one week after the start of classes of classes or within one week for students that register after that. For more information about paying tuition, including third party payments, refer to the Student Accounts Office.
The Human Investigations Program is supported by the Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute which is funded by a Clinical & Translational Science Award from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences and by contributions from the OHSU School of Medicine.