Our lab welcomes earnest students and researchers of all backgrounds in our mission to elucidate the mechanisms of disease in the human kidney. Openings in our lab are in a constant state of flux and depend on mentorship availability, commitment levels, and the nature of the projects we are focusing on. For the most up-to-date information, please feel free to reach out and contact us.
Undergraduate or recent grads are welcome to reach out about gaining laboratory experience as volunteers at any time to assist us in certain projects.
- A background in biology and laboratory experience is preferred, but not required.
- Availability requirements depend on the nature of each individual project, but at least a 3 month commitment is preferred.
- Ability to align with mentor schedules and be punctual is critical to success.
- Research techniques to be mastered will likely include immunofluorescence of kidney tissue and Western blotting.
More at OHSU
If our lab cannot accept folks at this time, thankfully OHSU has many other opportunities to explore:
More in Portland and beyond
If you cannot find an opportunity at OHSU, there are many other places to continue the search:
- Portland State University Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Program.
- BUILD EXITO Undergraduate Scholarship at Portland State University.
- Nationally Competitive opportunities list provided by Reed College.
- Scholarships, Internships, and Research Experiences workshops and opportunity list provided by Portland Community College.