I see patients at
Address3181 SW Sam Jackson Park RdPortland, Oregon 97239
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Dr. Arvin Gee returned to OHSU in 2017 from Legacy Emanuel Medical Center where he was employed as a general and trauma surgeon since completion of his general surgery residency and critical care fellowship at OHSU in 2010. He completed his undergraduate degree in chemistry at UC Davis and then went on to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign to complete a Ph.D. in chemistry and his medical degree.
His clinical and research interests include timely provision and improvement of urgent and emergent surgical care as well as utilizing minimally-invasive (laparoscopic and robotic-assisted) techniques to surgical problems whenever appropriate.
- Ph.D., 2001, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.D., 2003, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- General Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, 2004-2010
- Surgical Critical Care, Oregon Health & Science University, 2007-2008
- Chinese (Cantonese)
Memberships and associations
- Member, Pacific Coast Surgical Association, 2014-present
- Member, North Pacific Surgical Association, 2013-present
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons, 2012-present
- Member, Portland Surgical Society, 2011-present
- Member, Society of Critical Care Medicine, 2007-present
- Member, Physicians for Social Responsibility, 2003-present