The Information Privacy and Security office protects the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information at OHSU by:
- Documenting and managing the privacy and security policies, in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Creating and delivering training on a wide variety of privacy and security topics.
- Implementing and supporting security-related technologies.
- Conducting security assessments and manages security exception requests, where appropriate.
- Investigating privacy and security incidents.
OHSU's secure email tool is called Proofpoint. Once you receive your first email using the Proofpoint secure mail system, you will need to register and create a password. Registrations do not expire, so you only need to register once. You will continue to access your secure mail inbox at securemail.ohsu.edu, and messages will expire in 60 days.
If you were having a secure conversation in MailGate, OHSU's former secure email tool, you will be able to continue that conversation until all messages have expired.