The OHSU-PSU School of Public Health brings together the collaborative power of two major research universities to create Oregon’s only urban school of public health. Oregon Health & Science University is known internationally for groundbreaking and life-saving research in cancer and medicine. Portland State University is a national model for community engagement and academic innovation. OHSU’s Community Outreach, Research, and Engagement (CORE) team, affiliated with SPH, supports community–academic partnerships, gathers community input for academic research, and increases research in community settings that is responsive to the pressing health concerns of all Oregonians.
Public Health Workforce Training
Public health has not, in recent decades, faced greater challenges than it does today. Whether you are a frontline worker or a seasoned leader, the demands of the public health field are continuously changing, and new strategies and skills are needed to manage the unique challenges in our communities and in our state.
This site provides a single source for an essential and timely array of professional development opportunities offered by OHSU-PSU SPH, CORE, and our professional partners. From online courses to conferences and workshops, graduate level certificate programs to individual project technical assistance, you will find the tools and training you need to support your public health workforce or to further your own career. Many of these opportunities are free of charge, as are opportunities to earn Continuing Education credits for the Certified in Public Health (CPH) credential.
Featured Events and Trainings
Watch the Public Health Portland Style Series Events!
If you missed the events live, you can watch the recordings here:
- Covering COVID-19: The Pandemic in Oregon Viewed Through a Journalist’s Lens
- Gun Violence in Oregon: Addressing a Public Health Problem with Public Health Approaches
- Should Your Relative Be in an Assisted Living Facility During a Pandemic?
- Balancing Risks and Benefits of School Closures and Reopenings During Covid 19
- Climate Change in Oregon: A Public Health Emergency
- Having and Raising Children in Rural Oregon: Challenges and Innovations
- I Am Not Your Data, PT.I: Poetry as Praxis + Illumination for a Public Health of Resistance + Healing
These events were part of the Public Health Portland Style Series 2020/2021: learn more