Participate in research
We're recruiting! You are eligible to participate in our research if you are:
- Hearing-impaired with two hearing aids, a cochlear implant and hearing aid, or two cochlear implants
- Between 10 to 75 years of age
- Able to follow instructions and perform experiment
What to expect at a research session
Typically, a research visit will involve:
- Obtaining informed consent and HIPAA paperwork, and asking hearing related questions
- Collecting an audiogram (hearing test)
- Repeating words or sentences in the sound booth
- Using a computer touch screen to select a word or sound heard in the sound booth
- Breaks can be taken as needed
- Complimentary coffee, tea, water, and snacks
- Family-friendly sitting area right next to the booth for spouses, parents, and siblings
- Pediatric participants can choose stickers, games, and prizes as additional rewards.
Time Commitment and Scheduling:
- Varies depending on the study - typically 4-6 hours.
- May be scheduled on the same day as a clinic visit
- Weekends and evenings also available
- All subjects are compensated for their time in the study - rates vary with study.
- Driving mileage and other transportation costs are also reimbursed.
For more information, contact Lina Reiss, Principal Investigator and Lab Director, at email@example.com