Welcome to The Blood-Brain Barrier and Neuro-Oncology Program in the Department of Neurology at OHSU. We work within an OHSU community dedicated to education, research, patient care and community service with the goal of improving the well-being of Oregonians and all Americans. The BBB Program has provided neuro-oncology treatment since 1981.
The mission of the OHSU BBB Program is to provide:
- High quality health care delivery and treatment of patients with cancer in the brain
- Training of neuro-oncology and neurosurgery fellows
- Clinical research to expand therapeutic options in brain tumors, including studies of novel therapeutic approaches and state-of-the-art magnetic resonance imaging technology and agents
- Cutting edge basic and preclinical research in imaging, treatment, and chemoprotection in brain tumors and neurological disorders, and translation of this innovative research to the clinic
- A community outreach and education program in head and spinal cord injury prevention
- The coordinator site for the International Blood-Brain Barrier consortium
- The International Blood-Brain Barrier annual meeting
We hope you will find our website to be a useful resource, whether to explore clinical options for your health care decisions, or to learn more about the blood-brain barrier and brain tumor research. We welcome questions and comments from site visitors.
Edward A. Neuwelt, M.D.