The next two (2) Administrative Fellows will have the opportunity to serve Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) as key members of an outstanding leadership team at a world-class teaching hospital and research center. The Administrative Fellowship Program offers a unique opportunity for Master's prepared candidates in healthcare administration, business administration or related programs.
Under the direction of OHSU Healthcare executive leadership team, two administrative fellows will participate in executive-level projects, strategy and partnership development, and management of decision-making processes. Administrative fellowship projects will span the adult hospital, children’s hospital, two community hospital partnerships, community clinics, ambulatory services, outpatient clinics and medical group.
Projects will be determined based on both the needs of the organization and the interests of the fellow. The program is intended to help develop and refine important managerial competencies including effective communication, analytical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills. As a result, the fellows will have ongoing interactions with the entire administrative team involving a broad range of operational issues and priorities. While each fellow will be assigned a unique preceptor to guide projects and experiences, fellows are not limited to hospital based or ambulatory operations exclusively.
- Contribute to the work around priority initiatives for various units across OHSU Healthcare.
- Build a broad range of healthcare operations, strategic planning, business development, project management and leadership skills.
- Develop OHSU quality improvement skills to identify and seek ways to improve processes and outcomes across the OHSU Healthcare system.
- Enhance professional development through participation in a variety of activities to promote professional and career growth.
- As the Oregon's only health and research university, OHSU brings together patient care, research and education to the next generation of health care providers, scientists and community stewards to improve the health and wellbeing of all Oregonians.
- The fellows will be a formal member of the hospital administrative and clinical practice teams.
- The fellows will meet with the OHSU Healthcare COO on a regular cadence.
- The fellows will meet with the Executive Director and Chief of Professional Practice (OHSU Practice Plan) on a regular cadence
- The fellows will meet with other members of the leadership team on a regular cadence.
- The fellows will have an opportunity to meet with the CEO of the OHSU Healthcare system on a quarterly basis.