Research Pathologist (Research Faculty position)
- SCIENTIFIC: Infectious Diseases, especially Tuberculosis and HIV/SIV Research Pathology program support through diagnostic necropsies, biopsies, tissue distribution, histopathology, immunochemistry, non-invasive in vivo imaging and data collection and analysis. Additional responsibilities include acting as a resource to databases of biological data and images, grant and protocol writing and management, publication and participation in manuscripts and presentations in the local and national settings.
- MANAGEMENT: Coordination of laboratory resources and personnel in achieving experimental goals of a multidisciplinary research team; responsibilities include hiring, training and direct supervision of laboratory staff.
- TEACHING: Teaching is not required but encouraged for mentoring graduate students, residents and postdocs.
- 1 year of nonhuman primate pathology or research focused on infectious diseases
- 6 months of clinical veterinary experience
- Ph.D. in Infectious Diseases
Applicants can apply to position IRC74023 on the OHSU career site. IRC74023 VGTI Research Pathologist Or contact Susan Watterson, Administrative Director 503-418-2779
Postdoctoral Position Available
New postdoctoral fellow position for the Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute
A position is available for a highly motivated individual with cellular and molecular immunology experience to work on the development of cytomegalovirus-based vaccines. This job will be part of a multi-team effort to generate recombinant, attenuated cytomegalovirus vectors for SIV/HIV vaccine trials in animals and humans. This individual must be a team player and have demonstrated ability to perform within time constraints and reach defined milestones.
Experience in the following techniques is desirable: Molecular cloning, cell culture including DNA transfections and retroviral transductions, DNA and protein analyses, bacterial artificial chromosome-based cloning technology and general virological techniques.
Individuals should have an M.D. or Ph.D. and a thorough knowledge of molecular biology, cell culture and virology. Dependent upon experience, salary will range between $48,432 - $59,736.