Participate in Research
Current Study Participation Opportunities
We're recruiting! Click on the links below to see our flyers, and contact us if you're interested in participating! Email Lina Reiss at email@example.com, or call the lab at 503 494-5868.
All Children Ages 6-8 - Development Study
- Children ages 6-9 years - Normal Hearing
- Children ages 6-9 years - Hearing Aids
- Children ages 6-9 years - Cochlear Implant and Hearing Aid, or Bilateral Cochlear Implants
Adults ages 18 and older
What to Expect at a Research Session
Typically, a research visit will involve:
- Obtaining informed consent and HIPAA paperwork, and asking hearing related questions
- Collecting an audiogram (hearing test)
- Repeating words or sentences in the sound booth
- Using a computer touch screen to select a word or sound heard in the sound booth
- Breaks can be taken as needed
- Complimentary coffee, tea, water, and snacks
- Child-friendly sitting area right next to the booth for spouses, parents, and siblings
- Children can choose stickers, games, and prizes as additional rewards.
Time Commitment and Scheduling:
- Varies depending on the study. See flyers above.
- May be scheduled on the same day as a clinic visit
- Weekends and evenings also available
- All subjects are compensated for their time in the study. See flyers above for more info.
- Driving mileage and other transportation costs are also reimbursed.
Maps, directions, and places to stay
Maps and Directions:
We are located in the Hatfield Research Building at the OHSU Marquam Hill campus. Take Elevator G (If coming from PPV and OHSU hospital, Elevator G is past the 9th floor Plaza Café) to the 4th floor. Our lab is in Room 463.
Portland International Airport (PDX)
Portland Bus, Streetcar & Lightrail Schedules:
Other Useful Links for Participants - Things to do in Portland