Nutrition In A Box
Inspiring kids to eat nutritious foods helps them do better in school and grow into healthy, productive adults. Recognizing that schools, camps and after school programs may want to include nutrition education, but nor have the time or expertise to create their own, the OHSU Moore Institute created an engaging, hands-on curriculum. We worked with Connie Evers, M.S., R.D., who has a wealth of experience creating nutrition curriculum for kids, to make sure it was scientifically accurate but still fun. The curriculum is designed for fourth - eighth grade students. The teacher's manual, including four lessons each with multiple stations, posters, games, worksheets and manipulatives are contained in one sturdy box.
- mirrors USDA Dietary Guidelines.
- utilizes the evidence-based USDA MyPlate Guide as a model.
- is aligned with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- aligns with current Oregon health education standards and performance indicators.
- has been tested in Oregon classrooms and revised based on student and teacher input.