The OHSU Transgender Health Program provides:
- Patient education classes at no charge
- Other events
See our For Health Care Professionals page to learn about training opportunities for providers in the community.
Gender-affirming surgery class
The THP offers monthly classes on gender-affirming surgery. Patients, at any stage of considering surgery, and one guest are welcome. (Please contact us if you would like to bring more than one guest).
Classes feature slides and photos to review anatomy, genital reconstruction and surgical outcomes.
Classes are free, but registration is required. Classes are offered in partnership with the Kaiser Permanente Gender Pathways clinic.
- Pre-surgery health and wellness
- Surgical options and how to choose
- How to prepare for surgery
- What to expect from surgery
- Recovery in the hospital
- Recovery at home
- You do not need to be an OHSU or Kaiser patient to attend.
- You and your guest agree to maintain confidentiality for everyone present.
- Classes are in English; interpretation services can be made available.
- You may see health care professionals or students in attendance.
Dr. Daniel Dugi, a urologist and surgeon, discusses vaginoplasty and covers:
- Referral and eligibility
- Surgical techniques
- Preparing for surgery
- What to expect from surgery and recovery
- Questions and answers
Fertility and assisted reproduction class
We offer free quarterly classes about fertility and reproductive options for gender-diverse people and their partners or allies. People of all gender identities and/or at any stage of transition are welcome. Classes include a question-and-answer session.
Classes are free, but registration is required.
- The impact of transition on fertility
- Options to preserve your fertility
- A review of reproductive options
- Costs and fees for each option
Transgender Health Program events
See upcoming community and volunteer meetings and events.