The Moore Institute spend six-months visiting communities across the state in preparation for planning the Nutrition Oregon Campaign. We held listening sessions and listening tours to hear directly from communities about the unique role nutrition plays in health and well-being of their area. We met with leaders to learn about work already underway. We talked to community groups and individuals about barriers to accessing good nutrition.
Since that time, we've been working to develop relationships with communities and community-based organizations that expressed interest in the campaign.
2016 listening session locations
- Klamath Falls
- Ford Family Foundation funds 6-moth planning phase.
- Listening sessions held in Portland, Bend, Medford and Newport.
- Listening tours held in Ontario and Klamath Falls.
- Maybelle Clark Macdonald Foundation funds start of campaign.
- Ontario becomes first regional campaign hub
- Core collaborators group formed to help guide direction of campaign and align common interests
- Ontario receives funding for first hub project - a fruit and veggie prescription program for young Latinas.
- Astoria becomes a regional campaign hub.
- Klamath Falls becomes a regional campaign hub.