In 2019, OHSU Research & Innovation office embarked on researching and then creating a dynamic and robust research focused support service called Research Administration Partner Pod (RAPP). We provide excellent and consistent faculty-centric research administration support to departments, centers, institutes, and schools.
By ensuring they have this type of exemplary support, it will ensure all our research faculty have the capacity to focus on their science, while utilizing trained, expert research administrators to handle the administrative components of pre- and post-award.
RAPP supports faculty throughout the research life cycle, here are some examples:
- Proposal preparation and submission to OPAM (administrative components, including budget) - Managing just-in-time requests and other award setup related components to aid faculty in getting their awards set up as quickly as possible
- Monitoring and communicating with home departments on tasks related to: either research labor distribution for sponsored research accounts or research-related data for annual budgeting purposes
- Monthly budget monitoring and review with the PI to ensure the grant finances are on track
- Managing award activity for the researcher (e.g., effort reporting, cost transfers, outgoing subcontracts, and closing out the award)
- Assisting in creating/maintaining interest profiles for researchers to aid in identifying proposal opportunities
- Purchasing approvals related to research projects
- Communication with home orgs or foundation staff to ensure effort, LD and accounts are not overlapping with research funded activity/effort
- Budget development related to industry-sponsored clinical trials
- Coverage analysis for clinical trials
- Billing-related to industry-sponsored clinical trials
- Budget/Balance monitoring of non-Research accounts (e.g., foundation accounts, discretionary funds, program development accounts)
- HR activities (e.g., managing labor allocations, hiring, onboarding)
- Labor distribution (actual LD manipulation in Oracle or effort reporting signing)
Are you looking for information about any of the following?
- Setup an OGA Account
- Award financial reporting and closeout
- Contract execution
- Distribute Labor and Certify Effort
You may be looking for the Office of Proposal and Award Management